6 – 8 April 2005, Johannesburg, South Africa
“Potentially lucrative broadband business models are yet to be fully leveraged in Africa. Events such as these which include practical workshops are essential as they provide valuable insights into how to harness the business opportunities that broadband has to offer in Africa.”
Reuben September, CTO,Telkom South Africa The African Broadband Revolution 2005
Overcoming Technical and Financial Barriers
to Broadband Deployment in Africa
Sessions HighlightsBroadband and the Public Interest: Full Regulation or Market Forces?
Mandla Langa, Chairperson, ICASA
Spectrum Policies for Driving Wireless Broadband
Paul Senior, Director, WiMAX Forum
Best Wireless Options for Scaling Up the Last Mile Reach
Geert von Eijk, CTO, NITEL and Wilson Oguya, CTO, Telkom Kenya
Who should attend
African Broadband Revolution 2005 is a high level forum for Fixed and Mobile Network Operators, Internet Service Providers, Telecom Regulators/Policymakers and Government Ministers, attracting Chiefs, Heads and Directors of:
• Business Strategy/Development
• Network Planning/Operations
• IP Networks
and all executives responsible for the purchase, implementation, development and deployment of broadband services and related technology.
Why you should attend
The African communications landscape is changing rapidly, and new technologies, especially wireless technologies, show considerable potential to take access further in-land. The continent’s share of international bandwidth, although relatively small, is nevertheless increasing. Developing strategic alliances and operational plans for the supply of broadband equipment, products and services in Africa today is
vital in order to secure future market entry points. “The African Broadband Revolution 2005”, which includes a CONFERENCE and a WORKSHOP, is a unique opportunity for strategic and operational telecommunications professionals to:
• Discover new models for low-cost network upgrade, service delivery and revenue generation
• Learn how your competitors are pricing their broadband services and discover successful billing systems from industry leaders
• See first-hand Telkom South Africa’s major network management facility
• Understand who the end-users are, what their needs are and how much they are prepared to pay for faster Internet access
• Compare recent success stories from 8 major operators in Africa and Europe
• Understand and influence broadband regulation by meeting representatives from WATRA, TRASA and ARICEA
• Acquire in-depth practical knowledge on standards, technology and network upgrading in constrained environments
(Wi-Fi, WiMax, WLAN, etc)
DetailsRegistration and general enquiries
- Dervish Mertcan +44 (0)20 7930 5512
[email protected]Event sponsorship and exhibiting
- Shona Kriss +44 (0) 7930 4054
Market news on your cellphone
Get live JSE listed shares, warrants, major indices, brent crude oil, international markets, agricultural futures & daily market
analysis via SMS on your mobile.
Find out more...
African Business Leaders Forum
African business and public sector leaders define and construct a prosperous future for
the continent. Find out more...
Online travel bookings
Planning to travel? Book accommodation in Africa & South Africa here. Book now...